My World Of Gems…
When people ask
me what I do,
I like to tell them
“I make the biggest diamonds in the world…
But instead of using the hardest substance on earth,
I use the softest — cloth.”
Years ago, an image of a lovely crystal arrived in my mailbox. That little gem not only caught my attention, it grabbed hold of my soul. In doing so, it launched a journey that has enriched my life. May you experience as much joy in viewing them as I have had in creating them. For the gems that are still available, the price is noted in the details.
For Quiltmakers & Shops
It’s my pleasure to share with you my passion for light and color through classes, events, and now my new line of patterns, fabric, and publications. I have designed my patterns so that even a “confident beginner” sewist can create sparkling gemstones using the same techniques I use to create my giant gem portraits.
MJ has been featured in….
- Patchwork Professional (Germany) (March 2021)
- American Quilter (March 2021)
- Quiltfolk (Issue #12; October 2019)
- The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson & Ricky Tims (March 2019)
- McCall’s Quilting Magazine (Jan/Feb 2019)
- World Diamond Magazine (Winter 2019)
- Schmetz Inspired To Sew #62 (Jan 2019)
- Quilting Arts Magazine (Aug/Sept 2017)
- France Patchwork Magazine (June 2018)
- Online Quilting Magazine (June 2018)
- Make Modern Magazine (July 2018)
- Quilting Arts TV (air dates 2018)
- Sulky® Featured Artist Profile (2018)
- Create Whimsy online magazine (2018)
Proud to Support Healing TREE
A portion of my patterns is donated to Healing TREE (Trauma Resources, Education & Empowerment). Healing TREE advocates healing from trauma, rather than just coping with symptoms, in order to transform lives and, ultimately, society.
For more information, visit www.healingtreenonprofit.org.