As individuals and guilds become more & more comfortable with this new way of taking classes online, the demand for promotional videos that showcase our offerings continues to increase.
If learning a whole new skill set around video editing seems daunting to you, I’d like to help.
I’ve developed a 3-part online, on-demand class that will show you how to combine Zoom technology, PowerPoint, and basic video editing techniques to create stand-out presentations.
In Part 1 of the class, we’ll talk about:
· Using the features and tools within PowerPoint to help blend text and images to tell your story: features like transitions & animations and some of the design templates available there
· Learn how to use Zoom to transform that PowerPoint presentation into an MP4 file – a mini-movie if you will.
· Where you can find music that will perfectly complement your story.
· And finally how to combine all those wonderful assets – your movie files, still images, and music – in Shotcut (a free, downloadable video editing app).
In Part 2, I’ll demonstrate the basic editing techniques and best practices to create your final video:
· Trimming out the bits you don’t want to include
· Smoothing out the places where you’ve trimmed the video by creating effective cross-fades
· Fading in video and audio – and fading them out again
· Managing volume
· Inserting still images like your logo and additional video clips into your main video
· And adding captions
In Part 3, I’ll expand on how to integrate your PowerPoint presentation into Zoom for seamless videos. We’ll talk about launching your presentation, navigating through it, managing your image during the presentation, and were to find the newly-created .mp4 file when your recording is finished.
This on-demand class is called Shine Online: Creating Sparkling Promo Videos with MJ Kinman and will be available October 10th, perfect timing to start preparing for the Global Quilt Connection events scheduled for Feb and March next years.
I will send all registrants a private link to the video on October 10, 2020. Stay tuned!