The world’s most fabulous gems have often been owned by the world’s most intriguing, eccentric, and outrageous people. Join me for a wild ride through the world of famous gems in my Block of the Month program created especially for independent quilt shops — Diamonds & Drama Queens. I’ve curated 9 gem patterns inspired by some of the world’s most famous gems. I’ll share monthly patterns inspired by these gorgeous gems, as well as stories about their history and owners. Some are stories of great love, others tell of intrigue and treachery, while others reveal lives of loss and sadness. Regardless, I hope you’ll enjoy the journey!
When you subscribe, you’ll have access to a trove of resources on my website, including:
- 9 Block Patterns & Instructions — The patterns 18″ blocks are available as downloadable PDF files. Your BOM participants can print them onto pre-cut sheets of freezer paper on their home ink-jet printer. Or you can make these freezer paper patterns available for participants who don’t have a home printer. All major distributors carry C&T Publishing’s pre-cut package of Quilter’s Freezer Paper.
- Kit Requirements — I’ve provided yardage requirements and instructions to make the sashed 9-block center (60″ x 60″) into a full-size quilt.
- Fabric Recommendations — You’ll find recommendations for all the fabric used in the patterns in 5 different collections:
- KONA Cotton Solids
- Moda Bella Solids
- Paintbrush Studio Fabrics Painter’s Palette Solids
- Free Spirit’s Tula Pink Solids
- Michael Miller’s Cotton Couture
- Marketing Images — Use the images I’ve created for each block in email blasts to your customers and social media posts.
- Tutorial Videos — I’ve created 6 short videos that describe the techniques used. You can share the links to these tutorials with your customers or play them during in-shop events.
- Video About Each Gem — I’ve created a video for each block filled with stories about the gem and its owners, as well as tips and techniques for putting the block together.
- One Price — The price for access to the Resource page for the Diamonds & Drama Queens BOM for quilt shops is $399 USD.